Employment Opportunity: Now accepting applications for Director of Operations. See below for advertisement and job...
Click Here for Obstruction Evaluation/Airspace Analysis. When is it necessary?:
14 CFR Part 77.9 states that any person/organization who intends to sponsor any of the following construction or alterations must notify the Administrator of the FAA:
- any construction or alteration exceeding 200 ft above ground level
- any construction or alteration:
- within 20,000 ft of a public use or military airport which exceeds a 100:1 surface from any point on the runway of each airport with its longest runway more than 3,200 ft
- within 10,000 ft of a public use or military airport which exceeds a 50:1 surface from any point on the runway of each airport with its longest runway no more than 3,200 ft
- within 5,000 ft of a public use heliport which exceeds a 25:1 surface
- any highway, railroad or other traverse way whose prescribed adjusted height would exceed the above noted standards
- when requested by the FAA
- any construction or alteration located on a public use airport or heliport regardless of height or location.
Still uncertain if you should file for an airspace review? Use the FAA’s Notice Criteria Tool to be certain
General Corporate Aviation Training